[imp] does horde-1.3.4/imp-2.3.6 require phplib or something else I'm missing?

Anders Gjerløv anders@gjerlov.dk
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:32:36 +0200

>If you are using the STABLE release of IMP, then download and install
>Horde-1.2.5 and IMP-2.2.5.  You don't need to mess with CVS, just use
>the tarballs.  They come with a complete set of documentation.
Ok - I guess I missed that.

Might I then suggest that (please take this as constructive critisism,
and not some A****** bugging you too hard!!):

On the webpage that a user get displayd when going to
http://www.horde.org/ in some way reflects that
"Horde Spotlight
Horde 1.3.4 has been released. It is a massive
upgrade of the Horde Application Framework. Many
components have been added or streamlined.
. . ."

gets a mention that it is NOT a stable and production release.

Also on the page http://www.horde.org/horde/ you might want to mention
this.

"The Horde Application Framework provides classes for dealing with
preferences, compression, browser detection, connection tracking, MIME,
and more. There is auto-generated API documentation available, and you
can also download the framework from CVS or from
ftp.horde.org/pub/horde/tarballs/ (make sure to get the 1.3.x release).
You can also see who is on the core team."

The "make sure to get the 1.3.x release" kindda caught my eye anyway.
Only on the IMP page is there a mention of the STABLE vs. "NON" Stable
versions. . .

>The FAQ is completely up-to-date for the latest STABLE release of
>Horde/IMP.  It sounds like you should be using that.
Indeed - will get back at it tomorrow. Probably easy - now that I've
been guided on the right path ;o)

>Again, you use the IMP-2.3 tarballs at your own risk.  They are _not_
>production ready.  The latest stable releases are shown clearly on the
>webpages: http://www.horde.org/imp/download/
True - but not on the horde pages :-/

Kind regards!
Anders

Toggle the fug!

"Perfection (in design) is achieved not when there is nothing
more to add, but rather when there is nothing more to take
away."

                        - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry