[imp] does horde-1.3.4/imp-2.3.6 require phplib or something else I'm missing?

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 22:51:07 +0100

Anders Gjerløv wrote:

> The documentation is severely behind the rest
> of the development (as it actually also is in the
> imp-2.3.6 package :-/

I must have missed the documentation patches attached to your e-mail.

> You need to create the ./lib/ structure to use Horde.
> To do this :

What version are you trying to use?  You haven't needed to create a
./lib structure since the days of IMP-2.0 !

If you are using the STABLE release of IMP, then download and install
Horde-1.2.5 and IMP-2.2.5.  You don't need to mess with CVS, just use
the tarballs.  They come with a complete set of documentation.

If you want to live on the bleeding edge and track development, then get
the HEAD branch from CVS.  This is the Horde-1.3/IMP-2.3 development
branch.

> Ok - so what then. FAQ's?! They can hardly be expected
> to be updated with the very latest source files. . .

The FAQ is completely up-to-date for the latest STABLE release of
Horde/IMP.  It sounds like you should be using that.

> My time at the moment is too valuable to work with
> CVS - which by nature is code in development, and as
> such, not something that you would place in a "production
> environment". Or am I mistaken here?

You are mistaken ... all of the code (stable, production) is in CVS.
The tarballs for every release are derived from the same CVS repository,
on different branches.  It sounds very much like you should simply be
using the latest stable tarballs (IMP-2.2).

> If the developers need testing (or help in updating
> manuals!), then I'd be glad to help, but until then
> I'll wait for the next set of compatible packages.

Again, you use the IMP-2.3 tarballs at your own risk.  They are _not_
production ready.  The latest stable releases are shown clearly on the
webpages: http://www.horde.org/imp/download/

Anil