[imp] entire inbox deleted?

Cliff Green green@UMDNJ.EDU
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 00:03:14 -0400

Quoting jlewis@lewis.org:

> Using Horde 1.2.x / IMP 2.2.x / UW-IMAP, has anyone ever gotten
> complaints that a user's entire inbox was spontaneously deleted?
> I've got one user who claims this has happened to them several times...but
> AFAIK, nobody else has ever had it happen to them.  I strongly suspect user
> error, but wonder if anyone else has gotten similar complaints.
>
> I'm not talking about inbox corruption due to imap vs mail delivery
> locking method mismatch...I mean all the messages just deleted and the
> user's mail spool file ending up 0 bytes.

If it weren't for the case that nobody else has seen this, I'd ask if your imapd was compiled with the mbox driver and if this user has an mbox file in his home directory - can you check to see if his mail has been snarfed to $HOME/mbox?

Cliff Green
Academic Computing Services - UMDNJ
signature under NDA

This mail sent through IMP: the Internet Mail Program