[imp] entire inbox deleted?

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 11:50:03 -0700

-----
shouldn't matter - you should be able to pipe the output of the grep for
that account into a new file - the maillog typically contains a week and you
can handle it quite easily.

I'm not much of a shell programmer but I can do this...

grep accountname /var/log/maillog > /temp/account.mail.log
if I want to go back another week
grep accountname /var/log/maillog.1 >> /temp/account.mail.log

and then finally,

grep ipop3d /temp/account.mail.log

I will know instantly whether a pop3 session occurred within the last 2
weeks on that account.

Craig