[imp] entire inbox deleted?

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:23:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Craig White wrote:

> shouldn't matter - you should be able to pipe the output of the grep for
> that account into a new file - the maillog typically contains a week and you
> can handle it quite easily.

We don't keep logs that long, but fortunately, I just got reply from her
that it last happened friday.

zgrep username maillog.1.gz | grep -vE "sendmail|imapd"

showed lots of pop3 sessions, regularly spaced, some of which did delete
messages.  I think the problem is pretty much solved.  Like I originally
said, I really doubted this was an IMP problem.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |