[imp] recursion warning with large folders

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:39:45 +0000

Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>:

> Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:
>
> > I recently has some segfaults in the mailbox view within a folder that
> > contained a large number of messages 1500+ (The Trash folder).
> > the mailbox.php exceeded the maximum memory limit set in php.ini (16M) and
>
> > the logs spilled out a warning about a probably recursion.
> > This is of course not true, I rather think there's a loop running through
> all
> > messages in the selected folder the consumed all the memory.
> > I didn't have the time to have a look into the code and find out where this
>
> > loop is, but perhaps someone knows what causes this. This should be
> fixed.
>
> I haven't seen anything like this with folders with well over 3000 messages,
>
> and there's no loop that runs through more messages than are currently being
>
> displayed... Can you narrow this down at all? Does it still happen? Is it
> consistent?

It still happens from time to time. It has nothing to do with folder sizes
because it also happens with other views.
If it once occured I only can get rid of it after closing all brosers instances
or even restart apache.

I haven't been able to narrow it down but it seems to me it has something to do
with session vars, why else should happen the way described above?

The only consistency is that it always happen when I'm busy, but I think that's
Murphy's law. ;-)

Jan.