[imp] recursion warning with large folders

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:29:20 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:

> I recently has some segfaults in the mailbox view within a folder that
> contained a large number of messages 1500+ (The Trash folder).
> the mailbox.php exceeded the maximum memory limit set in php.ini (16M) and
> the logs spilled out a warning about a probably recursion.
> This is of course not true, I rather think there's a loop running through all
> messages in the selected folder the consumed all the memory.
> I didn't have the time to have a look into the code and find out where this
> loop is, but perhaps someone knows what causes this. This should be fixed.

I haven't seen anything like this with folders with well over 3000 messages,
and there's no loop that runs through more messages than are currently being
displayed... Can you narrow this down at all? Does it still happen? Is it
consistent?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.