[imp] Best PHP to use for 2.2?

m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com m.ibarra@cdcixis-na.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:16:49 -0400

I followed the INSTALL doc for horde and imp, made
exceptions where later versions of software was available,
including PHP (used php-4.0.6) and everything is
working just well. I've run into a few gothchas, well
I am running horde and imp cvs version, but so
far everything looks just great, VERY happy.

My $.02,

-mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Shayne Hardesty [mailto:shayne@realtysouth.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 3:07 PM
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: [imp] Best PHP to use for 2.2?

  I'm planning an upgrade from an 2.2-pre version to the newest stable
IMP/horde version.  The server that runs imp for us doesn't run any other
PHP apps, so I don't have to worry about that.  Since I'm going to have to
recompile apache and upgrade php anyway, do you guys have an opinion as to
whether it's better to install the latest 3.x php (3.0.18), or go ahead
and upgrade to 4.x (4.0.6)?  I don't follow php development so I don't
know if the 3.x series is considered "outdated" or maybe it's more stable
than 4.x.

Thanks,
Shayne