[imp] Writing to user's .forward file from IMP

Rick Romero Rick@valeoinc.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:29:47 -0500

What if you created an EMPTY .forward file in each users directory
upon user creation owned by user (user) and group nobody, with
g+w access (ok, so I never stop to think about the damn
numbers..)?

Then Apache could write to this file as needed..  You'd just have to
make sure you empty the file then append to it, instead of deleting
the file and rewriting it...

You do have the 'hole' of someone being a member of 'nobody', and
forwarding other users mail..  It would be more secure if you don't
allow shell access.

Rick