UUdecoding attachments in IMP

Leif Olson lolson@lynx.nisc.cc
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:35:57 -0500

Some of our employees are working with a program that sends reports as
attachments the are uuencoded instead of mime encoded.  These show up as
attachments in Outlook Express and even Hotmail, but not in IMP.  I
suggested that they try to switch it to mime attachments, but as much as I
hate to, in case they can't, I am going to ask if there is any way to
configure IMP to uudecode attachments, or if this feature could be added?
It wouldn't have to display the contents of the attachment, just present it
as a link that can be saved like is done with mime attachments.
Thanks,
Leif E. Olson
National Information
Solutions Cooperative