[imp] attachments not recognized

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:49:17 -0400

Quoting Robert Marchand <robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA>:

> - First one was produced with PINE.The message is in MIME format and seems OK.
> The paperclip appears in front of the message but there is no attachement
> button when viewing the message.  The attachment doesn't appear in the
> displayed text.  Same thing occurs when I resend the message from Eudora
> (Eudora sees the attachment).  Only explanation would be the type of the file
> wich is a "compress" (.Z) UNIX file.

Strange - can you bounce me the email? Off hand, I'm guessing something weird
is going on with a mime driver...

> - Second one is not mime-encoded.  It is uuencoded (with the begin/end
> bondary). Attachment is not recognized (no paperclip) and show in the
> displayed text. I saw another message in the list recently about this. So the
> explanation here would be this type of attachment is not supported by IMP.

Correct.

> Could someone shed some light on how attachment are recognized?

We support MIME attachments. Uuencoded attachments aren't really such, are old,
outdated, and ugly.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.