[imp] handling semicolon separated addresses

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:01:05 -0400

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 05:56:02PM -0400, Liam Hoekenga wrote:

> > I missed the start of this thread, but semicolons aren't valid
> > address separators.  Simple as that.
>
> Acc'd to rfc822, they are:
>
>    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc822/
>
> 	3.4.6. BRACKETING CHARACTERS
>
> 	   There are three types of brackets which must occur in  matched
> 	   pairs, and which may NOT be nested:
>
> 	       o   Colon/semi-colon (":" and ";") are   used  in  address
> 	           specifications  to  indicate that the included list of
> 	           addresses are to be treated as a group.

I'm not sure if that's the same as an address separator, but,
either way, if the c-client library doesn't support it, we can't
either.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology