[imp] Fw: Configuration of Outlook Express

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:45:53 -0400

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 11:41:14AM -0400, Frank Pineau (frank@pineaus.com) wrote:

> Really?  I didn't know that.  Well, then that goes back to the original
> question.  Is there a way to get OE to work with IMP?, and the corollary
> question, is it necessary or is it better to just point OE to your POP3/IMAP
> server?

You'd get OE to work with IMP the same way you'd get OE to work with
Eudora or Netscape's mail client; IMP is just an IMAP/POP client as
far as the mail server is concerned. It just happens to be delivered
over the Web.

If you want to know how to do what Hotmail did to enable users to go
to a website and have OE autoconfigure (I guess?), then you'd almost
certainly be best off asking in a forum of OE users.

  -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!