[imp] Fw: Configuration of Outlook Express

Henry Blackman h.blackman@chester.ac.uk
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:45:37 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Pineau" <frank@pineaus.com>
> Really?  I didn't know that.  Well, then that goes back to the original
> question.  Is there a way to get OE to work with IMP?, and the corollary
> question, is it necessary or is it better to just point OE to your
POP3/IMAP
> server?

I should imagine that it is better to point to the IMAP server, but it does
have it's uses - we don't let people have their IMAP/Unix passwords, we
authenticate them another way and then pass the relevant details to IMP; it
would be nice for them to be able to use Outlook where they want setting up
with their "other" (we call it the Internet Based Information Systems - IBIS
password) and autoconfigure OE.

Anyhow, this is terribly off-topic.

Henry