[imp] Fw: Configuration of Outlook Express

Russell J. Lahti russell@ajboggs.com
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 11:53:23 -0400

At 11:41 AM 8/1/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>Really?  I didn't know that.  Well, then that goes back to the original
>question.  Is there a way to get OE to work with IMP?, and the corollary
>question, is it necessary or is it better to just point OE to your POP3/IMAP
>server?

I think that just complicates the issue.  IMP uses an
IMAP/POP connection to read your mail.  Why would anyone
want to stick IMP in the middle when they could connect
directly to the IMAP/POP server? I honestly don't see any
advantage at all.  IMP is a webmail client, and doesn't need
the functionality of a proxy server.

That is just my opinion though.

-Russell