[imp] Fw: Configuration of Outlook Express

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:00:15 -0400

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 11:49:54AM -0400, Frank Pineau (frank@pineaus.com) wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:45:53 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >You'd get OE to work with IMP the same way you'd get OE to work with
> >Eudora or Netscape's mail client; IMP is just an IMAP/POP client as
> >far as the mail server is concerned. It just happens to be delivered
> >over the Web.
> >
> >If you want to know how to do what Hotmail did to enable users to go
> >to a website and have OE autoconfigure (I guess?), then you'd almost
> >certainly be best off asking in a forum of OE users.
>
> Well, I wasn't the original poster, but it still seemed like a good question,
> and this is certainly the place to ask about interfacing other software with
> IMP.

I agree. I'll restate -- there is no interfacing going on. IMP and OE
are both *clients*.

I'm sure it's a great question, but we've established that no-one here
knows the answer, which suggests it's time to take the question
somewhere where people that know OE well might be.

   -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!