access to mail stored in user's home directories

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:42:41 -0400 (EDT)

Our users home directories are stored in AFS.  Our webservers mount AFS to
allow users to publish from their home directories... those home
directories also include their local mail folders (generated by pine).

The webserver that is hosting IMP does mount the filesystems with the user
home directories...

Assuming that we can work out the problems of getting authenticated to the
file system, is there anyway we can allow users access to their "locally
stored" pine folders through IMP?

We're already looking at ways to allow people to import their pine
addressbooks into IMP.

it'd be a big win if we could get IMP and PINE working happily together.

thx
Liam Hoekenga
UofM Webmaster Team