[imp] access to mail stored in user's home directories

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 19:58:16 -0400

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 05:42:41PM -0400, Liam Hoekenga (liamr@umich.edu) wrote:

> Our users home directories are stored in AFS.  Our webservers mount AFS to
> allow users to publish from their home directories... those home
> directories also include their local mail folders (generated by pine).
>
> The webserver that is hosting IMP does mount the filesystems with the user
> home directories...
>
> Assuming that we can work out the problems of getting authenticated to the
> file system, is there anyway we can allow users access to their "locally
> stored" pine folders through IMP?

Run UW's imapd on the machine in question. (Whether you want Pine to
use imapd or local filesystem access is up to you after that -- but
you can't have A IMP without IMAP. :-)

  -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!