Possible Bug in IMP 2.3.7-cvs with Login Procedure

Nicola Foggi nfoggi@wppost.depaul.edu
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 22:56:48 -0500

Hey Everyone:

I'm not sure if I should report this here or somewhere else, but I think I may have found a bug within the IMP logon process.  I'm not sure if it's a problem with IMP or just the way PHP is handling the sessions or a caching problem but here is the scenario:

Steps:
1.  Enter User Name and Password for "Server 1"
2.  Choose "Server 1" from drop down box
3.  Server rejects my password
4.  I realize I've chosen the wrong server
5.  Enter New User Name and Password for "Server 2" or "Server 3"
6.  Choose "Server 2" or "Server 3" from drop down box
7.  Server STILL rejects password
8.  Inspection of syslog files show that the system still thinks I'm trying to logon to "Server 1" even though I've chosen "Server 2" now...

I then have to close my browser and open it back up for it to correctly realize I've chosen a different server...  This however does not happen if I successfully logon a server, logout, then re-logon to a new server.

Does that make sense?

Let me know if anyone has any ideas!

Thanks!

Nicola Foggi