Sharing my findings (IMP.2.3.7-CVS)

Frederic Trudeau ftrudeau@CAM.ORG
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:54:27 -0400 (EDT)

Im using a POP3 server, not an IMAP server, thus, my users cannot use
several options that IMP is offering them ... an example would be the
option of moving deleted msg to a 'Trash' folder.

I was trying to figure out how to simply remove the option from the GUI,
and here is what I have found.

For the above example, I found that the array $_prefs['trash_folder'] is
containing all the config options, like this ;

$_prefs['use_trash'] = array(
    'value' => 0,
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'checkbox',
    'desc' => _("When deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder
instead of marking them as deleted.")
);

What I did is simply change 2 the keys 'locked' and 'type'.

$_prefs['use_trash'] = array(
    'value' => 0,
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit',
    'desc' => _("When deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder
instead of marking them as deleted.")
);

The key 'implict' seems to manage the way an option is 'selectable' on the
GUI. By specifying that this specific preference as a value of '0', that
this value is 'locked' and that same value is implict, I managed to make
the checkbox disappear from the GUI.

One would also want to comment out a whole section, under one of the 3
main sections under the option section (either 'Your Information', 'Mail
Management', or 'Other Options').

Here again, you only have to comment out the whole array, associated with
the option that you dont want to be displayed. For instance, and in my
case, I dont want my users to be able to change the remote server to which
they will connect to, so I commented out the whole $prefGroups['server']
array.B

/*
*
*
$prefGroups['server'] = array(
    'column' => _("Your Information"),
    'label' => _("Server Information"),
    'desc' => _("Change your mail server and folder information."),
    'members' => array('folders', 'trash_folder', 'server', 'subscribe')
);
*/

Hope someone else will find this usefull =)

Frederic Trudeau

[A]dvanced [S]upport [A]gent
Colocation/Customer Support Agent
CAM Internet -> http://www.cam.org