[imp] IMP 2.3 (poppassd, Spam, Report a Problem, and From)

Benjamin Higgins bhiggins@dovetailinternet.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:41:31 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

>Quoting "Benjamin J. Higgins" <bhiggins@dovetailinternet.com>:
>> 2) I believe that I setup the 'Report as SPAM' function correctly,
>> however, when I actually use it, I recieve a 'There was an error viewing
>> the requested message.' message on the Inbox.  Any ideas?
>Hmmm. Are you running without cookies, maybe? Can you give us the exact message
>and it's surrounding context?

IE5.5(SP2) - with cookies enabled.  And if I didn't say it before, I'm using the newest CVS of HORDE/IMP/TURBA (as of 1am EDT) with CVS of PHP4 of 3 days ago.

     - User opens email
     - User clicks 'Report as Spam' link
     - IMP goes from the message back to the Inbox and reports "There was an error viewing the requested message."

Looking through the sendmail logs, it doesn't show that anything was sent or attempted to be sent...so I don't think IMP is actually sending the email . . .

>> 3) When using the 'Report a Problem' feature, if there is no information
>> in body of the message - the screen merely refreshs itself when sent . .
>> . the message only sends if there is a body to the message . . .  Is
>> there a switch in the configs to control this behavior?
>Right now there's a check to make sure that there's actually a message. Do
>people _want_ to get blank problem reports?

Hmmm . . . very true . . .   Perhaps a message could pop up asking the user to give a detailed explaination - or something...  To a novice user - I think the current action (without feedback) would be extremely confusing....

>> 4) Is there any way to (easily) hide the 'From:' address from the
>> compose message window?
>If you make the from address preference unchangeable, the field should go away.

I think you mean the following preference from imp/config/prefs.php:

// user preferred email address for From: line
$_prefs['from_addr'] = array(
    'value' => '',
    'locked' => true,
    'shared' => false,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

However - this makes the email address unchangeable (instead of a field to fill in, it's straight text) - but doesn't remove the text from the HTML page.  I guess I should have phrased my question more like this:  is there a way to completely remove the "From:" line from the Compose Message window?

--
Ben Higgins          |      Dovetail Internet Technologies, LLC
906 Boston Turnpike  |         "Internet Solutions That Fit"