[imp] IMP 2.3 (poppassd, Spam, Report a Problem, and From)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:44:33 -0400

Quoting Benjamin Higgins <bhiggins@dovetailinternet.com>:

>      - User opens email
>      - User clicks 'Report as Spam' link
>      - IMP goes from the message back to the Inbox and reports "There
> was an error viewing the requested message."

Reproduced and fixed.

> Hmmm . . . very true . . .   Perhaps a message could pop up asking the
> user to give a detailed explaination - or something...  To a novice user
> - I think the current action (without feedback) would be extremely
> confusing....

If you submitted a patch notifying the user when the form was incomplete, I'm
sure someone would be happy to commit it. :)

> However - this makes the email address unchangeable (instead of a field
> to fill in, it's straight text) - but doesn't remove the text from the
> HTML page.  I guess I should have phrased my question more like this:
> is there a way to completely remove the "From:" line from the Compose
> Message window?

No. It was decided a while ago that it's good to let the user see what email
address they're sending from, even if they can't change it.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.