[imp] html view in imp (MSWord?)

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:01:58 +0100

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 04:06:59PM -0500, Rick Romero wrote:
> If I install an application, at least from /usr/ports (don't remember if
> a regular 'make install' does it), it can't be executed until I relog in.
>
> It's like all the binaries in my path are cached, and it needs to be
> refreshed.  <shrug>

Its your shell.  Try 'rehash'

> I didn't realize I had to restart a daemon to 'refesh the path cache'
> for a daemon also.
> A restart of apache made wvHtml functional.  Therefore I
> conculded, the same 'path cache' thingy happens with daemons.

Nope.  The mime_drivers file is read per-URL and is not cached
anywhere; a restart of apache would not help - you must have had
some other config change to httpd.conf that hadnt been activated.

Random comment on this thread:
Inlining the msword driver wont automatically cause it to be
displayed inline, since the Content-Disposition header is used to
determine the behaviour first.  Most mail clients mark word
attachments as 'attachment' (surprise), and not 'inline', so
it'll invariably show up as an attachment.

Anil