[imp] Filters : field name does not get translated

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:59:36 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:

> We have also "To" and "To:" so that should be no problem.

Still, neither of those is an exact match.

> The problem left is, that the "old" field names ("to") are stored in the
> prefs. If we change the naming of the fields the old prefs won't work any more
> and even worse: will produce errors. A way to handles this would be to
> translate the old field names to the new ones if we find already stored old
> prefs. But is this worth for back compatibility?

What do you mean by new field names? Anything stored in the prefs shouldn't be
localized; I might be misinterpreting you, but if your filters break when you
switch languages, that's unacceptable.

Breaking backwards compatibility is fine; we haven't even released an official
alpha yet. So we're under no obligation not to change things that need to be
changed to be right.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.