[imp] sql table weirdness / pref_uid confusion

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:30:54 -0400

Quoting liamr@umich.edu:

> Although my kerberos principal is "liamr@umich.edu", that value doesn't make
> it into the environment.  The cgi portion of the authentication scheme does
> set REMOTE_USER, but only to a user name, not to "user@umich.edu".  I'd
> assumed that pref_uid just got set to whatever login name was used on the
> horde and imp login screens (which seems to be REMOTE_USER by default).

In imp/config/servers.php, you probably have an entry which looks similar to
this:

$servers['imap1'] = array(
    'name' => 'Nirgal',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'folders' => 'mail/',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'horde.org',
    'realm' => 'horde.org',
    'preferred' => ''
);

The 'realm' parameter is probably set to 'umich.edu' for you, and that's what's
getting tacked on when you authenticate directly through IMP. The reason we do
this is so that people just using IMP, and using it with multiple servers,
don't run into name collisions.

And, the answer you're waiting for: (<g>) if you set 'realm' => '' (an empty
string), you should get consistency.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.