Incorrect year in on Summary pages (INBOX, etc.)

Michael Stamper michael@wishard.edu
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:21:55 -0500 (EST)

Hello.  I have a strange problem.  Some email messages I show the
correct month and date but wrong year on the summary pages, such as
INBOX.  However, IMP seems to be aware of the proper date because it
places them in the proper positions when I sort by date and the proper
date shows up when I open the message.  Here's what I am running:

RedHat 7.1
Horde 1.2.4
IMP 2.2.4
PHP 4.0.4pl1
Apache 1.3.1.9 with SSL
IMAP & LDAP located on other servers

I have been able to further trace the problem to messages sent by our
users who are still using Pegasus Mail v. 2.42a through Mercury 1.44 on
a Netware 4.x server.  All messages I receive from these users show the
year '2005' on the summary page.  This occurs on all messages received
from that Mercury server, new messages and messages several years old.
Interestingly enough, even the messages I have saved from 1998 show 2005
(instead of something like 2002)   All messages from users on other
email systems have the correct time/date stamp in all IMP web pages.

This problem also seems to be unique to my IMP server.  When I use
Netscape Communicator or another webmail product I am testing, these
messages have the correct year.

I have searched the archives but have been unable to find this problem.
What can I do to solve this problem?  I can provide config files if
needed...

Thanks!