[imp] Downgrade PHP and Strange Expand Names behavior

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:57:05 +0200

Zitat von "Benjamin J. Higgins" <bhiggins@dovetailinternet.com>:

> 1) I've downgraded from php4.0.7-dev to php4.0.4pl1 - and the CVS Horde/IMP
> work again . . . however - I'm having problems polling from the database (a
> quote() function problem).  I found information on the mailing list thta I
> should update to the newest PEAR - but here's the hitch . . .  I'm running
> 4.0.4pl1 to make IMP work - won't the upgrade to the newest PEAR kill it?  Is
> there a specific version that people have use with 4.0.4pl1 that gets rid of
> the quote() error?

PEAR is independent from the rest of the php code. So you won't have any
problems copying the pear stuff from cvs over your pear library from your php
installation (probably in /usr/local/lib/php).

> 2) After getting the latest CVS tonite, I started to compose a message, typed
> in the TO line, hit expand names.  The page refreshed ... and the styles are
> completely ignored.  I'm running IE5.5sp2 - so it wouldn't surprise me if
> this is a Micro$oft error - but wanted to check around here first . . .

Not everything's MS's fault, and this one is probably caused by the quote()
problem. But what do you mean by "the styles are completely ignored"?

Jan.