Strange session timeout problem

Tim Syratt tsyratt@netspace.net.au
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:30:41 +1000

Hi All,

I've hit a problem with IMP 2.2.6 and clients being logged out for no
reason. (Running FreeBSD 4.3)
I've been through the documentation and tried extending the cookie
timeouts but that has'nt help (my cookie time is currently 24 hours! :-(
) I'm not using the php-optimized file, and I dont appear to have any
problems with the hosts.allow on either the IMP server or the mail
server. Also, the machines are on the same 100MB FDX lan so there are no
latency issues there.  I also thought that perhaps it could have been
load related on one of the servers, so I tried it when there were very
few people using the mail server at about 4am one morning but I still
had the same issue (and I was the only one using the webmail server at
that time too)..

The only last remaining thing it could be that I can think of is
permission issues with the session files it generates.. I've tried to
get it to store these into a db file but have had no success.. Perhaps I
should try SQL ?

I'm a little lost, so if someone would give me some direction I'd be
very appreciative.

--
Kind Regards,
Tim Syratt

Tim Syratt                                   tsyratt@netspace.net.au
Netspace Online Systems                          WWW.NETSPACE.NET.AU