[imp] Login screen instead of message window....

Tor Tveitane tor@bushsoft.com
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:34:16 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anil Madhavapeddy" <anil@recoil.org>
To: <imp@lists.horde.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: [imp] Login screen instead of message window....

> Hi, please wrap your mail to 77 characters or less.  Manually
> quoting it is a pain.

Sorry. Done.

I'm really a newbie to linux, please forgive me if my questions are too
stupid...

> > However when the user clicks a message to view it, the login
> > screen! reappears instead of the message window.  This also happens

> Are your sessions working correctly; do you see any segfaults in
> the Apache log file?

I didn't find any Apache log file (searched whole disk after apac*.log).
However I watched the maillog file when logging on with IMP and this is what
happened:

action: clicked the IMP login button with a valid usr/pwd
log: imap service init...
log: authenticated user tor ...
action: inbox messages list displayed in IMP
log: logout user tor....

The log displays the logout msg immediately after the inbox message list is
displayed.  In the log the logout messages appear automatically exactly 2
secs after the login msg.

> Play with the test.php3 file and make sure everything there looks
> normal.

Sorry, I did not find this file either.  Not that I use the e-smith
server/gateway ver 4.1.2 with RH7  Also if I need it I need to know what to
look for and what is 'normal'.

> Note that there have been outstanding security issues fixed in
> 2.2.6; you should upgrade.

I know that and I had checked

> ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/horde/
> which has an 'rpms' directory.

before I asked this, but I did not find any RPM with IMP in its name.  Which
RPM(s?) do I have to download to get a complete 2.2.6?

BTW does it exist and newbie horde/imp forum?

thanks and regards

Tor