[imp] Help with wvHtml, please. I have reviewed the archives.

Marty marty@oakparkschools.org
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:06:26 -0400 (EDT)

> My point was that you shouldn't be getting *any* error messages.  Have you tried
> using just a plain word document?  You know, a few words in a plain font, no
> special formatting, etc.
>
> Those error messages, coupled with the fact that IMP seems to be able to find
> wvHtml, but wvHtml can't find wvWare is what tells me that wvWare isn't
> installed properly.
>
> Again, since this doesn't appear to be an IMP problem, this is probably the
> wrong place to be asking about it.  Of course, I could be completely wrong and
> maybe it *is* an IMP problem, but I don't think it is.
>
> FP

Frank,

	I didn't miss what you were trying to say. My point was that errors
aren't a definitive cause of any problem at all. It may be that wvWare just
couldn't handle the document he was trying to process. I'll list a pair of
errors that I just got recently:
Diagnostic: (./wvWare.c:849) field began Diagnostic: (./field.c:341) command  INCLUDEPICTURE "https://www.audible.com/audible/images/store/audible_logo_v3.gif" \* MERGEFORMATINET , ret is 0 Diagnostic: (./wvWare.c:900) picture 0x01 here, at offset 0 in Data Stream, obj is 0, ole is 0 Diagnostic: (./wvWare.c:921) 0x01 graphics not supported at the moment

Diagnostic: (./wvWare.c:849) field began Diagnostic: (./wvWare.c:862) this field has an associated embedded object of id 3d32ac0a Diagnostic: (./field.c:341) command EMBED SoundRec, ret is 0 Diagnostic: (./wvWare.c:900) picture 0x01 here, at offset 57e in Data Stream, obj is 0, ole is 0 Diagnostic: (./wvWare.c:921) 0x01 graphics not supported at the moment

I take these errors to mean that wvWare has no method for handling the OLE
graphics that are embedded in this document and that it doesn't even recognize
whatever the object #3d32ac0a. It's definatel an error but it's not necessarily
broken. What I got out of his error code was that something very peculiar
was in that document that wvWare wasn't equipt to handle.

Regarding the IMP vs. wvHtml being at fault I'm at a disadvantage at the
moment because I haven't read the original. However, if indeed it's the same
problem I had when I installed it (something about it wanting two command
line arguments or something) it was discussed sometime back. I found in the
archive someone suggested changing:

/* $default->path_to_mswordview             = '/usr/bin/wvHtml';*/

in defaults.php3 to:

$default->path_to_mswordview             = '/usr/local/bin/wvWare -x /usr/local/
share/wv/wvHtml.xml ';     /* M$WordView */

I don't remember if I had to go search for wvHtml.xml or what. Sorry I can't
be more help than that but I fixed the problem and forgot to document it.
I'll punish myself accordingly. :-)

As for whether or not this is the right forum; the people here seem to be
pretty forgiving. I've only been on the list for about two months and it's come
up at least three times in various forms.

Marty