cvs login

Donald MacDougall dmacdoug@usc.edu
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:25:51 -0700

I'm new to using cvs, but I just tried to get the horde source tree
from the horde repository following the instructions in the horde
web site, but when I tried to login I got an error message telling me

"cvs login: failed to open /root/.cvspass for reading: No such file or
directory"
"cvs [login aborted]: fatal error: exiting"

I typed in the command line exactly as specified in the web page which
is as follows.

"cvs -d :pserver:cvsread@anoncvs.horde.org:/repository login"

it then asked me for a password and I typed in "horde" as the web page
told me to do.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong somewhere else?

Thank you very much.

Don MacDougall