[imp] cvs login

Donald MacDougall dmacdoug@usc.edu
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:46:00 -0700

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 01:36:59AM -0400, Jon Parise wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 08:25:51PM -0700, Donald MacDougall wrote:
>
> > I'm new to using cvs, but I just tried to get the horde source tree
> > from the horde repository following the instructions in the horde
> > web site, but when I tried to login I got an error message telling me
> >
> > "cvs login: failed to open /root/.cvspass for reading: No such file or
> > directory"
> > "cvs [login aborted]: fatal error: exiting"
>
> Try checking out the sources from a non-root account.

Thanks.  That didn't work at first either, but it put me on the right track.
I had not read anything about this .cvspass file and didn't know I was
supposed to have one.  So when I got the same error message as a normal
user, but looking for the file in the normal user home directory, I just
touched the file in that directory and tried again and then it worked fine.
Seems like maybe something isn't quite right there, somehow, but it works
now so thanks for pointing me right.

Don MacDougall