[imp] cvs login

Andy andyw@black.hole-in-the.net
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 13:56:17 +0100

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 08:25:51PM -0700, Donald MacDougall wrote:
> I'm new to using cvs, but I just tried to get the horde source tree
> from the horde repository following the instructions in the horde
> web site, but when I tried to login I got an error message telling me
>
> "cvs login: failed to open /root/.cvspass for reading: No such file or
> directory"
> "cvs [login aborted]: fatal error: exiting"
>
> I typed in the command line exactly as specified in the web page which
> is as follows.
>
> "cvs -d :pserver:cvsread@anoncvs.horde.org:/repository login"
>
> it then asked me for a password and I typed in "horde" as the web page
> told me to do.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong somewhere else?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Don MacDougall

ye, just touch that file

touch ~/.cvspass

from whatever account your using to collect the source.
--

andy
$tlabs_head->configure(-state => 'disabled', -size => 'small', -relief => 'needing some');

andyw@black.hole-in-the.net
Date: Sat,  1 Sep 2001 10:43:17 -0500
From: Rodney Barnett <rbarnett@neuromics.com>
To: imp@lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [imp] Error Deleting Message in IMP 2.3.7-cvs

> Quoting Rodney Barnett <rbarnett@neuromics.com>:
>
> > This morning I installed the latest IMP and horde from CVS and found a test
> > case for this problem.
>
> I just got around to reproducing this - thanks for the detailed steps. That's
> a _great_ bug report.

Thanks.  I just saw your message.  Obviously, I'm having trouble keeping up with
everything.  :-)

> Unfortunately, it's kind of a sticky problem. One of the possible solutions
> that comes to mind is: when the trash folder is on, search for deleted
> messages whenever you open a mailbox, and if there are any, move them to
> the trash folder.
>
> Or, this could be done before actually deleting messages when you hit
> delete... This is the only way I can think of to make sure that messages
> aren't lost.

Maybe you're trying to fix this even better than I expected.  Apparently (I
haven't reviewed the standards), the IMAP protocol doesn't allow a single
message to be truly deleted; you can only mark a message for deletion or purge
all the previously marked messages.  So, I wasn't expecting that the messages
that are marked for deletion would be preserved.

I reported the bug because of the error message that occurred when deleting the
last message.  It looks like something was getting out of sync since IMP was
reporting incorrect message counts before that point.  Has that been fixed?

Also, although the steps I gave to reproduce this problem involve switching the
trash folder option off and then on again, the problem doesn't require that.
You can also see the problem by leaving the trash folder option on the whole
time.  Change step 1 to turn on the trash folder option, move the message to
another folder in step 6 rather than deleting it, and then skip step 7.

Rodney