[imp] cvs login

Donald MacDougall dmacdoug@usc.edu
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 10:27:00 -0700

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 01:56:17PM +0100, Andy wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 08:25:51PM -0700, Donald MacDougall wrote:
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong somewhere else?
>
> ye, just touch that file
>
> touch ~/.cvspass
>
> from whatever account your using to collect the source.
> --
gee, you mean that's how it's supposed to work?   Don't most
programs that require some such file just create it if it isn't
found to exist?  Anyway, that's what I did once Jon's suggestion
and it's result tipped me off that it was looking for that file
on my end and not on the other end which was what I had first
thought (yeah, silly once I realized.  If I wasn't root I think
I would have figured it).  Seems like if everyone who uses CVS
has to do that it would be easier to find that fact recorded
somewhere.  Perhaps I've just missed it in some obvious place.
There are other things in this life that seem to be obscure to
me and obvious to others.  Oh, well, that's why I'm thankful
for these lists, (even if this is a little off topic for this
particular list).  Thanks again.

Don MacDougall