cvs IMP, FreeBSD, and libtool 1.3.4/1.4.1

FreeBSD freebsd@XtremeDev.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:05:39 -0600 (MDT)

Hello,

Forgive me for cc'ing to two separate lists, but rather than sending one
separately, I felt a cc would not be out of the question in this case.

I am running a rather old version of IMP 2.3 that I had cvs'd near the
beginning of the year, running under FreeBSD. Now I'm currently planning
on upgrading that server, and have ran into a few issues and concerns --

1. I understand the latest IMP in the cvs has problems with libtool 1.3.4,
the version currently in the FreeBSD ports. Is that still the case where I
need 1.4.x to have the latest IMP 2.3 working?

2. Would there be any problems trying to run IMP 2.3 from cvs with the
mod_php4.0.6 from the FreeBSD ports? Or does IMP require the latest cvs of
php?

3. Anyone happen to know why FreeBSD ports isn't updated to 1.4? The
Makefile says the author is willing to accept a patch, but I haven't heard
from anyone about any problems with libtool 1.4.x in FreeBSD from a
cursory search through the mailing lists. Is this still the case, or is
there a more insidious "bug" existing between libtool 1.4.x and FreeBSD
that I just can't see?

4. The upgrade will run FreeBSD -stable with Apache 1.3.20 with mod_php4
and latest IMP 2.3 from cvs if possible, assuming I can figure out what
combination of mod_php4 and libtool will let that happen. Does anyone have
a similar setup that can share their experience or give hints? Most
appreciated.

I have a spare server that I will test first on before I mess with the
production server. But I would like to cover all my bases and get as many