[imp] IMAP support for Exchange server

Steve Simeonidis simes@cpgen.cpg.com.au
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:53:24 +1000

No not really, I just wanted to know how well it interacts with exchange
servers.

Thanks

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:49, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Steve Simeonidis <simes@cpgen.cpg.com.au>:
> > Can somebody please tell me IMP 2.2.6 how well implements
> > IMAP, is it only for "basic" messaging?
> >
> > How well does it interact with W2K Exchange 5.5?
>
> IMP implements IMAP very well. Exchange, on the other hand... well, it does
> it. But the feature set that Exchange implements is _not_ exchange; Outlook
> does not use IMAP when talking to Exchange.
>
> With IMP, you'll get pretty much the same functionality connecting to
> Exchange as you would with another IMAP client - Netscape Messenger, etc.
> Folders work, flags work, etc...
>
> Did you have any specific features in mind?
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
> Some fallen angels have their good reasons.

Steve Simeonidis
Network Engineer, Spherion Education
Spherion Group Ltd

1st Floor, 493 St. Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
Phone:  +61 3 9243 2382    Fax:    +61 3 9820 2010
Email: stevesimeonidis@spherion.com