[imp] IMP can't understand imap/ssl

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:09:22 -0400

Quoting Jose Gracia Neto - CAT <zegracia@cbpf.br>:

> I am using port 143 (tried with 993, same situation), I set the servers.php3
> just as the Administrator's FAQ at Horde website (item 2.3.3 How can I use
> secure/encrypted IMAP-SSL connections?) told me to, with the "imap/ssl" value
> for protocol.

For a self-signed cert, the protocol has to be 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert. And
the port _must_ be 993. Also, you need to make sure that the c-client that PHP
is linked against is compiled with SSL support, and that you compiled php --
with-imap-ssl.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.