MySQL to PostgreSQL conversion tips?

Steven M. Castellotti scastell@sas.upenn.edu
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:00:13 -0500

	I manager an IMP server for a large number of users (13,000+), and
lately MySQL seems to be buckling under the load, by the runaway
spawning of processes, until all system memory is used up, and the
machine hangs. (Redhat 7.1, MySQL 3.23.39-1)

	I've heard a lot about MySQL's issues under heavy load, and as a result
am planning on moving over from MySQL to PostgreSQL. I've found various
links and information on doing this at:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/

	Before I begin, is there anything I should know about when converting
IMP specifically? Has anyone else done something like this and ran into
any issues I should know about?

	Thanks.

--
Steve Castellotti