Can't make IMP to work with IMAP-SSL

Jose Gracia Neto - CAT zegracia@cbpf.br
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:08:31 -0300 (EST)

Hi,

I tried this for IMP under Solaris 8, OpenBSD and Mandrake Linux 8.0, and all
returned the same problem:

I am trying to make IMP-2.2.6 work with IMAP-SSL. I am using UW-IMAP, compiled
with SSL support.

My IMP is working with regular non-SSL IMAP, and IMAP-SSL works fine for any
mail client I use (Netscape Messenger, Outlook etc.), but not with my IMP
installation.

My PHP is compiled with --with-imap-ssl with no problem.

My certificate is self-signed. I tried the suggestion of using protocol
imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, but it didn't work either.

I think my problem relies on my IMP configuration. Maybe I am not using the
correct syntax, or the correct variable.

Could anyone send me an example, or any instructions about what I should set
and where to make this work? I can't find my mistake and I am just running out
of ideas here.

Thanks,

Jose