[imp] filter - applying

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:12:42 +0200

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> =

> Quoting Terry Davis <tdavis@birddog.com>:
> =

> > This feature would be best applied on a per filter basis rather than =
per
> > account.  The reason is some emails are filtered because you want to =
delete
> > them.  Others because of archiving and management reasons. If I want =
to delete
> > emails I rarely want to read them, spam, annoying relatives or whatev=
er the
> > reason.  If I archive, I usually read them.  SO...applying that rule =
on a per
> > filter basis will give you this flexibility.
> =

> Patch?

Hi Chuck, I would love to write a patch for this, but it will conflict
with the way Sive filtering works.
I know there is no official Sieve backend currently nor is the filters
backend configuration modularized so one can plugin another filtering
delegate.

The only filtering method which is available is client-side (IMP being
the client).
Adding this feature on this method will work, but wont work on the
server-side methods (Sieve etc)
Ofcoarse, one can have higher priority mails filed in the multiple
folders example
if mail to cvs@lists.horde.org {
	fileinto INBOX.MailingList.Horde.cvs
}
if mail to dev@lists.horde.org {
	fileinto INBOX.MailingList.Horde.cvs
	fileinto INBOX
}

the rules are in hypothetical-language :)
the second rule should put a copy in two folders

but thats a bit yukky , imagine someone send you 5 mb file.
It takes 10MB of your quota on the IMAP server :)

thoughts?

--
Atif Ghaffar
Internet Development Manager