[imp] filter - applying

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:59:27 +0200

Zitat von Atif <aghaffar@developer.ch>:

> Jan Schneider wrote:
>
> > Sounds very good to me. I currently use sieve and imp filters at the same
> time
> > what confuses things sometimes.
> >
> > Best would be to use the original filter ui so that the users/admins can
> change
> > the filter backend like they want.
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> I am also using Sieve backend, and the ui is the same.
> The only difference is that with Sieve, I get two more options.
> forward and vacation
> which is not part of the standard filters and it shouldnt be if we call
> these things "Filters".
>
> If we call them "rules" then both "vacation" and "forwarders" can belong
> in there.
>
> any thoughts on these?

"Rules" makes sense to me. Vacation and forward can be displayed depending on
the backend's capabilities.
I'm not sure but there are probably other filter engines that may be supported
later if someone writes a driver.

You should coordinate with Dan Ellis so that we don't have the same code twice.

Jan.