[imp] filter - applying

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:23:09 +0200

Ok, here is a possible solution.

Combo of Client-Side/Server-Side filtering.
This will be super-cool.

One of the features I like of the IMP's client-side filtering is
that it allows you to apply a filter on the mailbox at any time.

Here is a simple scenario that I find myself in from time to time.
I subscribe to a mailing list for a software that I am using,
I keep getting messages in my INBOX, I participate actively, and after
some time I have to work on another project as my primary project.
At that time, I dont like getting tons on messages about the previous
project in my INBOX, but I still want to get those messages, so I set a
filter (using Sieve) to File those messages in the proper folder.

Now I dont get bugged my messages from softwareX-dev@lists...,
softwareX-cvs@lists... etc any more.
But I still have a few hundred messages in my INBOX.

Time to apply filter(client-side) on the INBOX et voilla. Magick!!!!!

See, the combo can work good.

Stay tuned for more.!!! I must go and work on project-Y for a while.

--
Atif Ghaffar
Internet Development Manager