attachment problems, ssl, and IE

Taisto Qvist Taisto@IP-Solutions.se
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:39:04 +0200

Hi again.

There was a a lot of talk about attachment problems a while ago, when
sending over SSL.

I found while looking att Squirrelmails site that following their
recomendation to add the following lines to your httpd.conf improved
my successrate with sending attachments with IE.

--
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive \
ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

I havent tested this fully but it certainly worked better...
I still have problems with netscape 6.1 though...haven't looked at
how it identifies itself in HTTP yet...

Those of you that had this working...with SSL and IE and so
forth...were you using any of this?

Seems weird that some of us need it, and some dont...
I already have the latest IE 5.5sp2.x.y.z.etc....(i think...*sigh*)

Comments please?

Taisto Qvist
IP Solutions