Compose window Size

Rick Romero Rick@valeoinc.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:36:58 -0500

That was pretty good, but this is better :)
This will correctly create a Compose window based on AVAILABLE
Screen Real Estate.  (I run LiteStep, eating at bit of the right of my
screen).  It also creates a nice window in Opera, where you have
even less real estate than your screen rez.
See : http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/winprop.html     For more info.

-----------imp/templates/javascript/open_compose_win.js.----------
if(self.outerwidth){
    yMax=self.outerHeight - 100;
    xMax=self.outerWidth - 100;
}
else if(document.body){
    xMax = screen.availwidth - 100;
    yMax = screen.availheight - 100;
}
else {
    xMax = 700;
    yMax = 650;
}

        param =
"toolbar=no,location=no,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,wi
th=" + xMax + ",height="+ yMax + ",left=0,top=0";

---------------------------------------

Well I changed the size for me.  I don't know if anyone else has a
problem but
this is what I changed it to.

param="toolbar=no,location=no,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable
=yes,width=800,height=850,left=0,top=0"; Does the size of the
window depend on outside things like resolution, browser,
or os or anything? --
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator
BirdDog Solutions, Inc.
(402) 829-6059 On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Terry Davis wrote: TD> How
can I set the size of the compose window when it gets opened? In
imp/templates/javascript/open_compose_win.js.  See the line:
param =
"toolbar=no,location=no,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,wi
dth=700,heig \
ht=650,left=0,top=0"; (this should be one line, but will probably wrap
in some awkward manner by
the time you see it) I, too, was uncomfortable with this and opted to
have the window auto-size
to just less than the current screen resolution (-100 pixels).  To do
that, I added the following two lines and adjusted the line above as
follows:     xMax = screen.width - 100;
    yMax = screen.height - 100;
    param =
"toolbar=no,location=no,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,wi
dth=" + \
xMax + ",height=" + yMax + ",left=0,top=0"; I'm more comfortable
with this, but YMMV. c
--
Clifford Green               Internet -  green@umdnj.edu
Academic Computing Services                    UMDNJ-IST