[imp] Performance scaling.

Scot Wilcoxon scot@wilcoxon.org
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:12:49 -0500

Michael Bull wrote:
> I'm looking to hear from other administrators of IMP, particularly those
> running IMP+Apache+Postgres on how they've optimized their system to better
> handle load.

The only optimization that comes to mind is Apache's processes
configuration.

However, does IMP+Postgres keep all the status info in Postgres, thus
multiple IMP servers would work?  Or does IMP depend upon Horde info
which is within a specific Apache server?

(I view multiple servers as a response time optimization, not as a
performance optimization, thus this isn't what was originally
requested...)