[imp] Performance scaling.

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:56:14 -0400

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 01:12:49PM -0500, Scot Wilcoxon wrote:

> However, does IMP+Postgres keep all the status info in Postgres, thus
> multiple IMP servers would work?  Or does IMP depend upon Horde info
> which is within a specific Apache server?

If you're running IMP 2.3 using my PostgreSQL session handler,
all of the necessary user state will be stored in the database.
The user is not tied to a specific web server.

I believe IMP 2.2 with phplib using PostgreSQL acts the same way,
but I haven't looked at it for a while now.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (B.S.)