[imp] Performance scaling.

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:21:50 -0400

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 04:22:42PM -0400, Michael Bull wrote:

> >How much of that load is related to the performance of the IMAP
> >server?
>
> I don't suspect it to be the bottleneck - it's a dedicated separate HP J7000
> running UW.    This is IMP 2.3 as opposed to 2.2, not sure how that effects
> comparisons on how people are managing with their machine performance.
> The load on the machine at full out is roughly half and half, user and kernel.

I assume you've gone through and tuned the Apache processes, too.

For example, you'll want to make sure you've done the following:

    - removed any unnecessary Apache modules
    - disabled UserDir, Overrides, and similar settings
    - moved all logging to a separate file system

I'm glad you're running IMP 2.3.  That will allow me to focus on
code with which I'm more familiar. =)

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (B.S.)