R: [imp] Manny questions from a NEWBIE

Paolo Bagnoli paolo@scconline.it
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:28:48 +0200

Thanks Very much !

I use E-smith 4.1.2 with IMP v 2.2.6.

what do you intend for " Yes, check out the Folder icon" ?

Many users has 3 or 4 email account and wants to consult all in a single
session. Is there the possibility to use IMP with multi account config?

Regards
Paolo

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Claus Heiko Niesen [mailto:cniesen@gmx.net]
Inviato: giovedi 27 settembre 2001 17.48
A: imp@lists.horde.org
Oggetto: Re: [imp] Manny questions from a NEWBIE

At 06:49 AM 09/27/2001, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've installed IMP in a Linux BOX and I want to use IMP like only email
>client in my company. I've many questions:
>
>- My user wants to view all folder like outlook espress (in a tree with all
>folder and sub folder. Is it possible?

Yes, check out the Folder icon.

>- I've a MySQL database with all address of my customer. Can I interface
the
>address book of IMP with this MySQL database?

Yes, its relatively easy.  I am doing this. However, it may be a little
difficult if you want to restrict access to the owner of the data.

>- Can I convert an Outlook express mail databases in a format that IMP can
>be read? I think that I store the OE database in a IMAP folder.

You always can convert the addresses into the turba import file format and
import them.  I don't have any experience with import/export from
turba.  Oh, yeah.  You could always convert the data into a load file and
load the database directly with MySQL tools/commands.