IMP 2.2.6 + Sendmail 8.12.1 w/SMMSP

Rich West Rich.West@divatv.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:32:58 -0400

To be honest, I am not sure if this is an IMP problem or a Sendmail
config problem, but, I am at a loss.

Running Sendmail 8.11.6 + IMP, everything works wonderfully.  Upgrading
to Sendmail 8.12.1 breaks the IMP interaction by not allowing users to
send email through IMP, logging the following errors:
Oct  9 20:43:27 cranium sendmail[540]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(nobody): can not
chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied

Using Sendmail's new model of having two processes running (the queue
runner and the sendmail daemon), the sendmail binary is group sticky as
"smmsp" and the clientmqueue directory is group owned by "smmsp".

Email from things such as "Mailman" work using their SMTPDirect module
for both Sendmail 8.11.x and 8.12.x, while all direct sendmail calls
(/usr/lib/sendmail) seem to fail (IMP, command-line "mail").

So.. the real question is: has anyone had luck with Sendmail 8.12.1 and
IMP?  If so, what magic did you perform?

I would be more than greatful to be enlightened.  [:)]

-Rich

--
Richard West				mailto:richard.west@divatv.com
Sr. Systems Administrator