[imp] IMP 2.2.6 + Sendmail 8.12.1 w/SMMSP

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:59:13 -0400

Quoting Rich West <Rich.West@divatv.com>:

> Running Sendmail 8.11.6 + IMP, everything works wonderfully.  Upgrading
> to Sendmail 8.12.1 breaks the IMP interaction by not allowing users to
> send email through IMP, logging the following errors:
> Oct  9 20:43:27 cranium sendmail[540]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(nobody): can not
> chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission denied

Hmm. You need to be able to run sendmail as the user that your webserver
runs as. Su to that user on the command line, and troubleshoot from
there...

Also fyi, IMP 2.3 lets you send mail via SMTP instead.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in